NVidia GeForce FX 5200 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1ck1p

I have a system I built myself 2 years ago that has this graphics card. It has worked fine until yesterday when it started to flicker and cause my monitor to sound like it was turning off and on. The windows would lock up until the next click and then when some windows were closed, parts of them would remain on the page. Eventually it would happen enough that the system would crash.

I am wondering if these are symptoms of the card going bad or overheating, or if this could be just a driver issue. Nothing has changed on my system for weeks (last Windows Update done) so I am not sure why out of the blue this would occur unless the card is just fried for some reason.

I know this is not a lot of the technical info that you are used to getting but I thought perhaps the symptoms alone would reveal an answer, therefore saving me from having to dismantle the box to get all the other info.

Thanks for any insight you might be able to provide.

It sounds like the card is failing or the fan may have stopped working and its overheating. The 5200's seen to be very troublesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back