NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

HybridSoul

I have a Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz 2.81GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

And i have Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 Is this a good card for me?

What do you think?

It all depends on how you use your computer. If you are only using your computer for writing documents and browsing the internet, then the 5200 is a great card!

If you are wanting to play any of the newer 3D games, the 5200 is the bottom of the barrel. The lowest of the low. The scum on the bottom of shoes.... ;)

hi there i have a fx5200 128 mb and may i tell you that it's very very bad for gaming but for every thing else it's o.k

it is not ok right now... get GeForce 6200 or newer, due to some new game strict specification ...just got myself nice XFX GeForce 6600 GT 128mb DDR3 AGP for 181.96 at tigerdirect.ca

What games do you wish to play? I have the Almost same specs, 2.8ht, 5600, 756mb ram, It can run CSS all medium settings 50-70fps, HL2 medium 40-50fps, 1.6cs 100 clean. BF2, it runs okay. And WoW runs like a champ in low/medium settings.

I play Counter-Strike Source and i have 2 gig of ram and its not bad but From what I hear i can get much better right?

You are playing cs:s with a 5200?

Yes, and upgrade for you would make a HUGE difference on your system. Even a 9800 pro card would blow you away, but I'd recommend going for at least a 6600GT otherwise you'll just be upgrading again in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back