NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900XT + Fan Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all...

my gfx card works wen i disconnect the power supply to the gfx card which also stops the fan to stop working which reduces the performance of my comp greatly... so therefore, can't play cs source smoothly anymore...

and wen i connect the power supply to the gfx card which gets the fan working again, all i see is different colorful lines on my screen...

thats my problem... got no idea wat to do... is it the gfx cards problem or the power supplies problem?? dont want to buy a new gfx card and come to know its not working coz of some problem with the power supplies or the mother board or something like that... so if anyone knows wats wrong, please help... thanks..

How many watts is your power supply by the way? The 5900XT only needs 350 watts, but sometimes different Power supply vendors offer a differing true amount of wattage available than that claimed on their box.

i dont know how many watts... i'll check in a bit and post it later... but all i know is that this problem started after i cleaned the inside of my comp coz it was all dusty... before that it was working fine...

rusting said:
i dont know how many watts... i'll check in a bit and post it later... but all i know is that this problem started after i cleaned the inside of my comp coz it was all dusty... before that it was working fine...

Try pulling the graphics card out and reseating it.
somtimes you may encounter problems like this due to thermal creep, in fact it woluld be a good idea to reseat all the cards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back