nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 driver for XP?

By drysnow
Apr 26, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I purchased a Compaq V6205NR laptop that came with Vista. I tried it, didn't like it, and then installed XP Pro. I have everything working except for the video card. The video card is a nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (integrated laptop).

Does anyone know what driver I could use?

I've downloaded and tried to install many, but I haven't been able to get it working.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sam
  2. JimShady23

JimShady23 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 651

Yeah

Give this one a try.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.85.html

Its funny that I didnt see it on the compaq support page for your mobo model, the one I suggested says it supports that GPU.

However you may need to find a platform driver which has the chipset/graphics driver in one. Can you read the box or manual and tell me what it has for a chipset ?

If it is the nforce 430 by any chance then your going to have to find a aftermarket driver for it as it only has support for vista via nvidia downloads.
  3. drysnow

drysnow Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I'm not entirely sure. I don't have the documentation here in the office. I've searched, but I'm not sure.

Is there a scan or something I can run to detect my chipset?

Thanks for your help!

Sam
  4. JimShady23

JimShady23 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 651

yeah

download sisoft sandra lite

or everest home
  5. drysnow

6. drysnow

When I ran 'Everest', it said that I have an nVidia C51 chipset.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.