Nvidia Geforce4-mx440 Driver Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
there I just bought a Mx440 agp card and i cant install it,It seems the drivers
on the cd are for win 2000. I downloaded another driver from nvidias site, And Iam getting the messege "no suitable driver found for this hardware".
Any body with a solution

Following your advise I downloaded new nvidia drivers and was still getting the no suitable driver found for your hardware, Then i checked the ones on the installation CD and realised that they were sis drivers, So I installed sis xabre drivers and the card was listed as xabre vga compatible, on device manager, But
I cant play any games because its failing to displayproperly, Nba live2005 is executing quite alright but the basketball ground is all black then Juiced cant even launch, Vice city as well is giving me bad picture quality and poor speed.

The bios is for nvidia mx440 even the heat sink on the card is rebelled nvidia as well and the memory is 64mb, may be its a fake, unfortunately I bought it out side my country so i cant take it back

Any resolution to this?

Im thinking of junking this card.

No NVIDIA drivers working for me.. going to try to rip out the drivers from installer and try manual driver installation..

What a headache..

The latest driver from nVidia is here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_84.21.html

I've owned an MX440 and had no problems with it. When you installed this card, were you switching from onboard video to AGP?

I hope you realize the MX440 is an older generation graphics chip. What are the system requirements for those games you want to play? What version of DirectX do they require?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back