Nvidia GPU Drivers Problem

This is different from other problems I have read, please do not misinterpret this. I am using a Nvidia GeForce GT640M and I noticed some of my games were a little sluggish, so I decided to check if I had any outstanding drivers for my Graphics Card, there was one called R331 Game Ready Driver, so I did the express installation, upon restarting my computer the Graphics card didn't start up I have no option to edit what uses it or anything. When trying to reinstall the previous driver it gave me an error saying it could not find compatible hardware (even though I previously had this driver installed) I then tried uninstalling the driver (which was the previous driver, not R331) and reinstalling it only to bring up the same error. I don't have an in depth knowledge of this area but my bios is Insyde h20 so I don't really have access to much there. Is there anything I can do to get my graphics card back, I feel as though Nvidia's latest update has just bricked my GPU.

Edit: There is also nothing in my device manager with regards to the GPU, not under display adaptors, nor other devices.

Back