TechSpot

Nvidia launches 4K gaming initiative with top-tier boutique PC builders

By Shawn Knight
Oct 1, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia has launched a new initiative designed to better prepare gamers for 4K gaming. Leading the way are a number of top-tier boutique PC builders including Falcon Northwest, Digital Storm, Maingear and Origin with which Nvidia has partnered.

Read more

2. I'd prefer a push for photorealism, (more polygons and better lighting) rather than more resolution
    Full HD is still good enough for me

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,485   +2,038

Ah yes 4K. I'll leave it up to the early adopters to get robbed first then I'll take an interest when becomes more mainstream, that way I'll get much better kit at much better prices. :)

Adhmuz and Lurker101 like this.
  4. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,455   +606

skid; Yeah I am in no hurry coming from 1600p but I do wonder how well SLi GTX 670's would handle 4K.

Edit: Can't wait for a 4K SLi Vs CrossfireX Techspot review :p

5. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Maniac Posts: 481   +159

That has been for a while in GeForce.com. I read it one week ago. Comments were very similar here and there.

6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,551   +2,894

LOL

I'm not an early adopter either. Have I waited long enough to get better prices for gaming at 1080?

7. soldier1969

soldier1969 TS Booster Posts: 244   +43

Early adopter here, been gaming on 30 inches 2560 x 1600 for over 3 years now, the displays are still $1100 give or take. The prices are just too steep right now and I can afford one but its too soon will give it at least a year to see what happens this time next year and costs and content for it.

8. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Wow $2300. That is steep. Good job on nVidia's side for taking an initiative on 4K.

9. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,648   +521

This article needs to have in brackets (Uber-geek and stupidly wealthy only) because those are the only two demographics that will ever buy a boutique PC to play 4K games. I agree with the first post, photorealism and higher polygon numbers mean more than doubling the pixel count to me. Especially so when the "next-gen" consoles are just going to hold back game developers and most "4K" games will just be 1080p games made to run at 4K resolution.

mosu and cliffordcooley like this.