Nvidia launches GeForce 347.52 WHQL Game Ready 'Evolve' driver

By Shawn Knight
Feb 11, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia has pushed out its latest GeForce "Game Ready" drivers, version 347.52 WHQL. The new drivers deliver performance optimizations, new SLI profiles and other tweaks and are recommended for all modern GeForce GTX cards.

Read more
  2. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,599   +411

I love performance improvements. Keep em coming!
  3. Alpha Gamer

Alpha Gamer TS Guru Posts: 328   +89

who doesn't?
  4. hahahanoobs

Someone tried to convince me they didn't exist for single GPU's...
  5. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

Odd. If performance improvements for new games didn't exist why would there be any need for driver revisions?

You should expect reasonable performance increases with a new game, but those should tail off rapidly (depending how on the ball the driver team is) with subsequent releases after the initial optimization has been written.

In other Nvidia (non-driver) news, the company just exceeded AMD's revenue ($1.251bn vs $1.24bn for AMD) for the previous quarter. Can't remember that ever happening before.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    Steve likes this.
  6. hahahanoobs

You don't get continuous performance improvements throughout the titles' life, but more can be done in the following weeks and months in a lot of cases after getting more familiar with the the dev team, game engine and the GPU architecture itself. nVIDIA drivers prove it on an almost regular basis.
  7. gamoniac

gamoniac TS Addict Posts: 292   +68

And don't forget about the popularity of the game as benchmarking tool among reviewers...
    hahahanoobs likes this.
  8. hahahanoobs

Yea I've seen all the games in this driver used in a review.
  9. Too bad my GTX 480 (secondary card) will not see any improvement. It still has some spring it its step, and runs cooler and quieter than my 7950.