TechSpot

Nvidia looks to ease plummeting Tegra sales with LTE 4i devices in early 2014

By Justin Kahn
Nov 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. In a recent financial report, Nvidia says its fourth generation Tegra 4 sales have dropped dramatically in Q3 2013. Tegra revenues have plummeted 54% relative to last year's numbers, according to the company. Nvidia's CFO Colette Kress relates the drop...

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

They aint gonna ease plummeting sales until they put a Geforce GPU onto a Tegra.

9Nails likes this.
  3. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Maniac Posts: 481   +159

Aren't the video cores actually GeForce cores? I had it understood that Tegra uses downscaled Kepler and will use Maxwell; that's why Kepler is so good, it can scale up and down keeping efficiency. That's part of why the SHIELD has the best Android-based device battery life while punching very good graphical performance.

4. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,163   +197

Does NVidia make stand alone LTE devices (not LTE in smartphone or tablets) ?
    I have this old Huawei usb 3g modem which I sometimes use (my main connection is a huawei wimax modem) and since my ISP is now offering LTE in selected areas, I'd love to have a usb LTE modem.

5. I try to stay away from nVidia chips when I choose my Android phone... It's my experience that it's always a hassle getting updated drivers for nVidia chips, although it is the phone manufactures responsibility to get them from nVidia.