nVidia noob now with 7800GSoc

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnugen

I've always been a loyal ATI user, until I got a new BFG 7800GSoc, an RMA replacement I purhcased. I have no knowledge of the drivers quality, which work best with the card and so forth like I did with ATI. Can I get a little insight into which drivers are optimal for performance and image quality for this card ?? All I know is I have the newest 94.24 installed and the driver files for 93.71 on the ready. I have no clue whether there are better 3rd party like the Omega's and such. Can I also be directed to a good source of info on these cards and drivers ??? I appreciate any help and advice given, thanks.

www.guru3d.com has just about every nVidia driver set ever. I have the EVGA model of that card and didn't have any problems with any of the drivers in the 90s. Now I did have some terrible problems with it in Vista Home Premium using anything better than the default Vista drivers. Basically I don't think there is much difference in performance once you get a few generations away from what they originaly shipped with.

the 93.71 are about as good as u can get with that card at this moment, although I have this card on a computer my daughter and grand kids are using at the moment so that is as far as I am going to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back