Nvidia NV40 specs leaked

By Julio Franco
Feb 26, 2004
  1. Although this kind of reports often have only contributed to hype a number of products (some of which have been complete failures), Nvidia's much needed comeback does indeed give you a sensation of something big coming. The Inq has learned of a few probable specs that would indicate the graphics giant has a winner on its hands... beware ATI:

US sources close to Nvidia have confirmed that their next generation GPU will feature a full sixteen pipelines – not as previously speculated an 8x2 arrangement - and this is reflected in the increased transistor count of circa 205-210 million, up from a previously speculated 175 million.
  2. XtR-X

XtR-X TS Rookie Posts: 863

My heart says yes... but my wallet will say no...

I can't wait anyways... :)
  3. lowman

lowman TS Rookie Posts: 380

It's gonna cost a few bucks for sure...
  4. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

And it's going to output and extreme amount of heat!

Last guesstimate/(a little bird sang in an ear) I heard said over 150W, which would make the hottest p4 on the market look like a beercooler by comparison!
  5. BrownPaper

BrownPaper TS Rookie Posts: 407

i wonder how advanced the cooling is going to be on that card. i hope nVidia does not use the 'DustBuster Extreme Edition' for cooling.
  6. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

It will be good to have nVidia back on their feet in the ring again. They got KOed for awhile. ;)
  7. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

Rick> Couldn't agree more! Having a single dominant IHv isn't good for us consumers.

But if the rumours I've heard is true, things might look very good for us consumers with these new releases.
    350$ for the R420 and 299$ for NV41 isn't exactly the highest prices we've had.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.