Nvidia NV40 specs leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Although this kind of reports often have only contributed to hype a number of products (some of which have been complete failures), Nvidia's much needed comeback does indeed give you a sensation of something big coming. The Inq has learned of a few probable specs that would indicate the graphics giant has a winner on its hands... beware ATI:

US sources close to Nvidia have confirmed that their next generation GPU will feature a full sixteen pipelines – not as previously speculated an 8x2 arrangement - and this is reflected in the increased transistor count of circa 205-210 million, up from a previously speculated 175 million.

And it's going to output and extreme amount of heat!

Last guesstimate/(a little bird sang in an ear) I heard said over 150W, which would make the hottest p4 on the market look like a beercooler by comparison!

i wonder how advanced the cooling is going to be on that card. i hope nVidia does not use the 'DustBuster Extreme Edition' for cooling.

It will be good to have nVidia back on their feet in the ring again. They got KOed for awhile. ;)

Rick> Couldn't agree more! Having a single dominant IHv isn't good for us consumers.

But if the rumours I've heard is true, things might look very good for us consumers with these new releases.
350$ for the R420 and 299$ for NV41 isn't exactly the highest prices we've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back