nVidia QuadroFX 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have just bought a Dell Precision 360N, It has a nVidia QuadroFX 500 card in. I do a lot of Photoshop work, but play some games too.

Any comments on how this card might do on games?

Thanks

Spec:
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 3.0GHz with 512k Cache / 800MHz Front Side Bus
1GB Dual Channel (4x256 PC333 Non-ECC) DDR Memory
120GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive
nVidia QuadroFX 500 (Dual-Monitor VGA - VGA/DVI) 128MB Graphics Card

hey, well im not too familiar with that particular card but im sure if you visited the nVidia site you could check out and compare all the specks of thier cards. as for the rest of your system i dont htink your should have a problem with most games, as long as you try and keep it cool.

The card should be able to keep up, if the drivers don't stop it...

If you do a search you'll find a way to turn the quadro into a regular card, and thus giving you better performance gamewise...
Though I think it'd be safer to see if you could just use regular drivers, as changing such an expensive card into a regular card forever would, imo, be a bummer...

The Quatro cards are workstation cards - designed mainly for CAD and 3D Rendering - they dont have the hardware pipelines and shader functions used in todays games - however they would render Monsters Inc a whole lot faster than any current mainstream gaming card
basiclly - dont expect incredable gaming performance - but the card is DAMN powerful none the less

Steg

If your ownly doing PS, not actual 3D rendering, I'd get a gaming card. You could sell what you have now for some decent $$$ and get yourself a nice gaming videocard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back