TechSpot

Nvidia quarterly earnings top Wall Street expectations as PC gaming remains strong

By Shawn Knight
Feb 12, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia has once again topped Wall Street expectations with a better-than-anticipated quarter. For the period ending January 25, the graphics chip maker reported revenues of $1.25 billion, or $0.43 per diluted share, which is a nine percent increase year-over-year and...

Read more

2. Geforcepat

Geforcepat TS Booster Posts: 141   +15

Well, we'll see how strong they are after the 970 has been exposed as a 3.5GB(224 bit) Card

3. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,457   +606

The buildings will all crumble.
    Nvidia will be forced to sell everything for pennies and their employee's will turn into homeless beggars; wrapped in old blankets and cardboard boxes wandering the streets for eternity wondering if things could have been different.

DanUK, EEatGDL, andrewyoung and 2 others like this.
  4. Nvidia exposed, LMAO ... what people found out wasn't something new. It has happened before. Nor does it play a factor in every day scenarios.

The 970 will continue to sell because it's a non factor for many many people. Don't like the issue then don't buy it. There is also a good chance of a revision of the 970.

5. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

Not a lot. The card is still a big seller, and of those people returning it some are trading up to a 980. Of the returned cards...they'll be refurbished and onsold at a (small) discount. EVGA does a roaring trade with its trade in's from its Step Up program (B Stock, models suffixed -RX).

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  6. andrewyoung

andrewyoung TS Enthusiast Posts: 44   +13

Good for them !!!! I am a AMD fan myself but as long as its good for gaming I am happy.

7. Do the framerates lie?
    power draw and framerate. the tech specs will cause a user to return the card?

DanUK likes this.
  8. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Maniac Posts: 481   +159

I read a report [in spanish] last week that only about 1-2% were returned according to retailers; according to Jon Peddie Research the figure was about 5%.

9. Tye Lucas

Tye Lucas TS Rookie Posts: 18

The only people that would care about this at all are the ones running 4k or greater resolutions as this is the only thing that you would need anything over 3.5GGB of RAM for anyway.

10. DanUK

DanUK TS Booster Posts: 211   +9

As an owner, can confirm: don't give a **** really. It's an amazing card that plays everything I need just fine.

R6exR6 likes this.
  11. Geforcepat

Geforcepat TS Booster Posts: 141   +15

12. DanUK

DanUK TS Booster Posts: 211   +9