NVidia related news..and stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoodooHellfire

Before I start in on the news, I'd like to say I'm back. For those of you who have been regular visitors to the site, you may have noticed a definite lack of postings from me in the last few months. Real Life...what're you gonna do? Anyways, I'm back, so on with the show!

First off, Nvidia has a "Are You Ready?" page on their site now. Besides the large amounts of flash being used there are links to a game, some facts about the NV30 (codename), some downloads, and a link to some rather interesting marketing videos. (Marketing meaning that they have absolutely no useful info, but are entertaining to watch.) Also..and this may be old news, but I'm in control of this post so...in the lower right hand corner of the page is a small "n". If you click on it, it takes you to what is supposed to be a desktop with a login. The password is "TwiNTexel" without the quotes. Once in, there will supposedly be even more stuff to play with, but for right now there is a link to a rather large video, that lets you know all you wanted to about the server farms at nVidia. Rather dry stuff, but interesting to the techs in us. Oh, there is also a really sweet looking screensaver in there, too. In fact, I'm running it on my machine right now. You might want to book mark the main "Are You Ready" page as it's supposed to continue updating, and it would only be logical that something significant would happen around the same time as Comdex, although I don't know that for certain. The link to the page is below.

Are You Ready?

Update: Thanks to one of our "eagle-eyed" forum readers, Arris, for bringing to our attention that the password for the "Are You Ready?" 'n' page has been changed. It is now "Cg" without the quotes. Thanks again, Arris!

Looks like they are constantly updating the password as well.
Its currently "Cg". ;)

I'll be keeping an eye on this site though. I am very interesting in what Nvidia have to compete with the AA and filtering powerhouse which is the ATI 9700Pro....

Yes. If the password happens to change again you can get a password hint by clicking help. The one just now is "NVIDIA and Microsoft collaborated on the development of what tool designed to enable content developers to create cinematic-quality real-time graphics easier and faster?", As Rick rightly states C for Graphics ;)

Is this Nvidia trying to encourage people to hack logins??? :haha:

Just a few observations:

1. When did Linux start making processors?? (This guy is a tech?!)
2. If he is using Linux boxes, why the big Microsoft banner in the backgroud? (I'm sure Microsoft is getting a kick out of this video.)
3. Wonder if they'll look into the Opterons next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back