Nvidia releases GeForce 358.87 driver, promises updates for all major holiday games

Scorpus

Staff member

Nvidia has today released a new set of GeForce WHQL drivers that are Game Ready for Call of Duty: Black Ops III, ensuring you get the best gaming experience when the title is released on November 6th.

The GeForce 358.87 drivers are also optimized for Anno 2205, and War Thunder with the new GameWorks patch. For those testing out virtual reality setups, Nvidia has added support for VR direct mode queued present in Windows 10, and there are a handful of new SLI profiles for games like NBA 2K16 and StarCraft II.

Alongside the launch of the 358.87 drivers, Nvidia has promised to release new Game Ready drivers for each major holiday release. This means we can expect driver updates pretty frequently, possibly up to multiple times per week. The full list of games Nvidia will be optimizing for on or ahead of launch day are below:

• Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III
  • Civilization Online
  • Fallout 4
  • Just Cause 3
  • Monster Hunter Online
  • Overwatch
  • RollerCoaster Tycoon World
  • StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void
  • Star Wars: Battlefront
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
  • War Thunder

Nvidia will be offering a range of prizes, including games and graphics cards, to those who are registered through their GeForce Experience app and use it to keep their drivers updated. But if you just want the latest drivers, you can download them now through GeForce Experience, or grab a manual updater through our driver download section.

Permalink to story.

Sweet, there's a new Roller Coaster Tycoon coming, didn't know about that, more excited for that than for Fallout 4. Looks like the guys making it are guys who grew up playing it, with any luck they knew what they were doing and get it right. But in this digital era they can just patch in fixes as times goes on. Not sure if good thing or bad thing really however... I'm so glad I purchased my 970 at the beginning of the year, driver support from the green team has been nothing but top notch.

Back