Nvidia trialing game code delivery through GeForce Experience

Scorpus

Staff member

Nvidia is planning to add a new feature to GeForce Experience that will deliver game codes through the client, and the company is currently asking all GeForce GTX Titan X owners to help them test out the distribution system. In return, Titan X owners will get themselves a free copy of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

To help test out the new GeForce Experience feature you'll need a GTX Titan X with the latest version of the app installed. Then, click on the rewards icon within GeForce Experience, and you'll be presented with an option to get a free copy of The Witcher 3. Follow the prompts, copy the code that's provided into Nvidia's usual redemption portal, and you'll eventually be able to download the game.

This game key distribution system appears to be a way for Nvidia to easily distribute their free game bundles. Currently Nvidia relies on paper cards with printed codes to do this, and not all retailers provide the cards with eligible graphics card purchases, leaving some buyers disappointed when they don't get a free game despite buying an eligible GPU.

By shifting the distribution to within GeForce Experience, Nvidia could deliver codes to everyone who is eligible in a much more streamlined fashion. You would no longer have to manually type in a game code, and no one would be excluded from getting a free game.

Fingers crossed this new feature comes out of beta in time for Nvidia's next game bundle later this year.

Permalink to story.

In return, Titan X owners will get themselves a free copy of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Seriously, what a joke.

Titan X owners should get the game for free just for owning the GPU. The game is already a free give-a-way with newer purchases.

If someone is prepared to waste money on a Titan X them I'm sure they won't mind wasting just a bit more on the game.

Hey hahahanoobs, why in the world would I want to open my computer up to Nvidia? ...for a free copy of a game? Thanks, but no thanks.

*sigh* I just realized he's a troll

I hope this doesn't mean that you have to install Geforce Experience for future bundles. I don't want to install that crap on my pc

I hope this doesn't mean that you have to install Geforce Experience for future bundles. I don't want to install that crap on my pc

Just curious, why crap? To me it's great but I'm interested in opposite opinions since I haven't dive in forums to read something against it.

I don't have a problem with GeForce Experience either. But I do acknowledge that others may not want the application and should have an alternate way of activating codes.

Just curious, why crap? To me it's great but I'm interested in opposite opinions since I haven't dive in forums to read something against it.

It's supposed to optimized your games settings and most of the times it fails to do that, it actually cost you some frames since it has the Nvidia Shield process running on the background, as a PC gamer I love playing with the games settings by myself, I just don't see the point in using yet another software that actually is far from accurate

It's supposed to optimized your games settings and most of the times it fails to do that, it actually cost you some frames since it has the Nvidia Shield process running on the background, as a PC gamer I love playing with the games settings by myself, I just don't see the point in using yet another software that actually is far from accurate

The game Optimization isn't turned on by default, So you don't have to worry about that.
The Nvidia Shield streaming service can be disabled in the settings menu (it's not hidden either) and you can even go to services.msc (assuming it's a windows PC) and disable the service if you really think you're losing frames.

Either way, it's a solid piece of software, Shadow Play is surprisingly good considering it has very little effect on frame rates and It's always funny to watch Nvidia enable DSR for games like World of Warcraft as an optimization xD

Well, it optimizes your games with a slider -you choose along a gradient between quality and performance. I read about the Shield streaming service "issue", but the penalty is actually negligible [also Shadowplay's -when I look for improved performance I honestly forget about Shadowplay's impact since it's too low, compared to FRAPS or other in-game recording software]. I agree with Burty.

I thought your "hate" came from first-hand experience, not what you have read and took for granted in a more exaggerated manner. I was more interested in personal reasons rather than recherche reasons.

Back