NVqTWK error

Status
Not open for further replies.

NV30

Updated to the 41.09s, and now I get this error when starting WinXP. How can I get rid of it?

More description would be good to have.. Such as specifically WHEN it displays the error message (Boot screen, desktop, login), where the error message appears could be useful as well. Is it s a pop up box? Perhaps a system event viewer error? Maybe it's text during XPs boot... Things like this make it more simple to diagnose.

First, I would try uninstalling anything you think is called NVwtwk. This includes any tweaking programs and your drivers. Then reboot so we can start with a clean slate here. If I'm not mistaken, NVqtwk is an nVidia applet in display propertiers/settings/advanced.

Since NVqTWK is the name of nvidia's configuration applet in Display Properties/Settings/Advanced, I'm going to assume this is a problem with the drivers.

After that nice uninstall/reboot, I would disable your virus scanner and reinstall the drivers (If you have one). The drivers specifically make notice of how anti-virus software can interfere with your driver installation and this is true - I've seen things similar to this before - All because of anti-virus software. I imagine most people are like, "Whatever" about it though.

Once you are done, reboot again and see how that goes. If it still happens, try START/Run/msconfig.exe . Click on the "startup" tab and deselect anything that has to do with rundll and nvqtwk in the path name.

If this turns out to be a system service instead of a program, you can probably delete a key (folder icon) called NVqTWK in START/Run/regedit.exe

Then browse to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services and delete the properly named key.

Hope that helps some.

Originally posted by NV30
They're in my profile.
When asking for help, the least you could do is make it a little simpler on those who's help your asking.

Sounds like the latest Det's, but not going through the trouble of looking in your profile, I'm not sure.

If it is, try uninstalling them, re-booting, and intsalling again. Have you heard of Detonator destroyer? Try using htat to get rid of all those Nvdida driver files before reinstallation. Sounds like a bad driver install

Sorry guys. It is a popup box that shows up after you login. I'll try reinstalling.

I'm glad that worked for you. Most "popup problems" on startup can be fixed using msconfig.

FYI it was nVidia Quick Tweak app failing, it often does so it's better not enable it.

Originally posted by NV30
Updated to the 41.09s, and now I get this error when starting WinXP. How can I get rid of it?

There's a comflict between the NVIDIA driver and your Antivirus engine. When installing, your antivirus must be shut down. So now to get rid of the error message, go to NVIDIA.com and download another graphic driver. Remember your Antivirus must be shut down during installation.

Originally posted by tripleione
I'm sure he would thank you for the advice if only this wasn't a year late. :D

Yupz, the reply was a year late...hehe....:D Well, it doesnt matter. There are still people I hear making the same mistake, especially when doing windows update.:grinthumb

Cheers.

Originally posted by Rick
More description would be good to have.. Such as specifically WHEN it displays the error message (Boot screen, desktop, login), where the error message appears could be useful as well. Is it s a pop up box? Perhaps a system event viewer error? Maybe it's text during XPs boot... Things like this make it more simple to diagnose.

First, I would try uninstalling anything you think is called NVwtwk. This includes any tweaking programs and your drivers. Then reboot so we can start with a clean slate here. If I'm not mistaken, NVqtwk is an nVidia applet in display propertiers/settings/advanced.

Since NVqTWK is the name of nvidia's configuration applet in Display Properties/Settings/Advanced, I'm going to assume this is a problem with the drivers.

After that nice uninstall/reboot, I would disable your virus scanner and reinstall the drivers (If you have one). The drivers specifically make notice of how anti-virus software can interfere with your driver installation and this is true - I've seen things similar to this before - All because of anti-virus software. I imagine most people are like, "Whatever" about it though.

Once you are done, reboot again and see how that goes. If it still happens, try START/Run/msconfig.exe . Click on the "startup" tab and deselect anything that has to do with rundll and nvqtwk in the path name.

If this turns out to be a system service instead of a program, you can probably delete a key (folder icon) called NVqTWK in START/Run/regedit.exe

Then browse to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services and delete the properly named key.

Hope that helps some.

I'm having the same problem after installing the new nVidia driver. I did as you suggested, uninstalling the new one and rolling back to the older one. Rebooted, disabled virus protection, reinstalled the new driver. Rebooted, still got the same error. So then I unchecked the box in msconfig under startup, rebooted, then got a bunch of -other- problems, including one about Ad-aware not starting properly.

I wouldn't have updated the driver, since I wasn't having any trouble with it, except for the fact that my new game (City of Heroes) requires something called vertex object (?) that the old driver couldn't handle.

I'm not sure what to do at this point, and would appreciate any help.

System is a Dell 8250, XP Home 5.1 Build 2600, GeForce Ti 4200 AGP8X, Dell Bios (just updated this month), 510meg RAM, Pentium4, 2.66Ghtz, SB Audigy2

thanks,
geo

NvQTwk pop-up error after login

Specs:
Dell Dimension 8200 Desktop, P4, 1.7Ghz, 256MB (not enough), C:20MB, G:75MB, Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX400 64MB video, External 100mb Zip (I know - it's old school), CDRW/DVD, cable (hard wired to this one), DWM-4k, blonde/blue/6'/200/Sales (oops - got a bit carried away).

I was successful in removing the "annoying" Pop-up message (NvQTwk error) on start-up by reinstalling the Video driver, and forgot to disable the ( eTrust- EZ ) Antivirus, still worked though.

Of course, I'm suffering from CRS - let's see - here's what I did -
Control Panel/Display/Settings(tab)/Advanced/Adapator(tab)/Properties/Driver(tab)/Update Driver. I let the computer find the driver and reinstall/updated it.....re-booted, and.....Viola! No more annoying pop-up error message!

Looks like this, too, may only be temporary (based on other messages) - but I'll deal with that when the time arrives. :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back