Nvspcap.dll error

da_head

Hey guys. Yesterday I started getting this error whenever I tried to load a video or play a game. It randomly started happening (didnt install or download anything yesterday). Funny enough, I can still watch the video or play the game, but the error prompt each time is annoying. All my drivers are up to date, I ran several virus scans, ran sfc /scannow on command prompt and nothing worked. Here's a screenshot of the error and thanks in advance.

http://I.imgur.com/atNDgGD.png

1) See if a System Restore might help

2) Look for the file under C:\Windows\system32. Is it there? Right click Properties. Check for version tab for any further info (sounds like an Nvidia file?) Give any version or other info?

Nothing. I did a system restore a day back, and it fixed it again. something seems to trigger this error but im not doing anything out of the ordinary.

Some more data/info might help us figure out what's going on. Do I understand that you did another successful system restore again so problem is gone again?

Let's look at your specs, current nVidia drivers, version levels and what's referencing the problem .dll . Maybe all that might give a clue if / when the problem returns

1. Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button
2. Do you see the problem dll under C:/Windows/system32? Right click->Properties, Version tab. Then write down current info about the dll like: File Version, Description, Product Name and Product Version and anything else you think might be relevant to report/remember

3. Install and run Process Explorer. Click the binoculars icon and search for the dll to see which process(es) use it. Which processes use the dll?
> If you click on the Processes column header, you'll see the process list in alpha order. Find the process(es) using that dll, right click Properties and look at version and relevant info about the process as well.

da_head
Here's my reply to other user/same problem. Also applies to you
I did some, uhh, "lookin' around" and found this problem seems to be both a recent and common occurence among nVidia GeoForce users.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550184/

I'd suggest you join the nVidia thread and provide info nVidia requests to help them solve this problem. If they post a solution, would be GREAT if you could also let us know here about the fix! Thanks! :)

p.s. You are running 64-bit Windows which is why your dll appears under SysWOW64 and not System32.

Back