Nvstor.sys blue screen

cyberdave69

hey i have a hp m8000 computer and i get nvstor.sys blue screen when i cut it on. it wasn't showing the hard drive and i bought a new hard drive thinking that was it and even got the restore disk from hp and reinstalled it and when the reinstall finished and it starts to finish loading all the programs and software i get the same blue screen. i've heard that it was a storage driver and figured thats why the hard drive wasnt showing but what can i do to stop the hp disk from installing that particular driver. thanks for any help.

NVSTOR.SYS is related to NVidia devices. I am assuming you probably have some nVidia display card in your PC.

Do you still have your older HDD? If so I'd suggest you to put it back in your PC, taking out the new one. Then turn on the system, and as soon as POST (power on self test) is completes press F8, it will give you several choices to boot from, you need to chose Boot in Safe Mode.

Once it boots, you need to uninstall any/all nvidia drivers from your system, by going to Control Panel, Programs and reboot. Let windows boot normally this time around (hopefully it will work).

Which of these models is your system?

its a hp pavilion media m8000 and no i'm not overclocking. i actually disabled the onboard video and installed another video card. i put the old hard drive back in but apparently i must of tried to install the operating system on it too..so their is no way to get into the control panel. so when the computer starts up the command prompt start up and try's to finish installing the factory image and when it get to the nvstor it crashes to the blue screen..

Do you have access to a 'legal copy' of Windows XP? If so try to install from it. It will make you install drivers for each hardware components individually, but I think this is worth trying.

Back