Oblivion HDR+AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carobu

I'm running a machine with 2gb of ram and a Nvidia 8800 GTS and want to run Oblivion with HDR and AA , I've read that it is not possible because Nvidia cards can't handle that. I don't believe that I'm fairly certain my card can, and find it very very hard to believe that my card isn't capable of playing it with those settings. Does anyone know if there is a patch so that way I can play Elder Scrolls Oblivion with HDR and AA? If so you'd be a great help to me. Thanks for any help.

8800 Series cards should be able to do that.... Maybe Bethesda Softworks has released a patch... check the website maybe.

sghiznaneck , How are you doing it, did you just get the most recent patch or something or did you have to tweak .INI files? Because every time I try to select HDR and AA it says AA is only avaible with Bloom and changes it to bloom. I checked Bethesda's site too and didn't find anything anyone got any mroe advice ?

Guys,why do you need to think constantly about those HD,AA effect,patch downloading one by one,video card driver upgradation for oblivion?the game is so resource hungry that u will never be satisfied with its performance,i could be happier if i could only run the game flawlessly with minimum settings turned on.I have no regret for not being able to run oblivion properly because i've played 'darkmessiah might and magic',an epical 1st person action-adventure with a lot of fun and variation,spectacular outdoor and indoor visuals, beautiful gameplay,easy to learn upgradation and use of magical power,the game really delivers.So instead of thinking about oblivion performance,why don't u buy a darkmessiah? it runs smoothly in all systems with a moderate card and a ram as low as 512mb.No matter how long and how beautiful oblivion visuals are,as a game oblivion is very repititive, same horse riding again and again,same old cave with goblins,same dynamic day/night and weather change,a disgusting huge inventry with numerous ingradiants to manage, unnecessarily a lot of repititive talking with all persons u find on your way,etc,etc. i'm not campaigning against the game,nor am i an agent to promote darkmessiah,but from a gamer's view,i wonder,with a lot of such drawbacks,how oblivion manages to bag the prize of best rpg of 2006.........

I'm not sure how this last post helps with this problem. Giving other suggestions like trying your recommended game is fine - but at the same time you're pretty much bashing the fact that he's even playing the game he's asking for help with. Let's try posting something constructive or at least helpful to the initial poster.

If you have HDR enabled, you can add antialiasing by editing Oblivion.ini manually. Just change the iMultiSample=0 in [Display] to 4 to get 4xAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back