Oblivion is going crazy!!! graphic problems galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaipanSK8

Im so annoyed! I just got oblivion and have been playing it for about 7 hours all up and has been running fine on medium settings on my nvidia geforce 6600gt. All of a sudden it f**ked up when i tried to load a game (tried a few loads).

What happens is it has about a second of normal fps, full graphics etc. then freezes. The screen then goes mostly grey, and i get wierd stretched textures all over the screen, I have no control over the game (apart from quick second intervals).

Im not sure what it is, I have been modding the game a bit, so I returned values to their default, but no luck. I also noticed it was almost hitting 70'C, could it be overheating???

Any comments would be greatly appreciated, i miss playing it badly.

70C for a GPU is not critcally high but each chip senses the temp more or less accurately by a few degrees so it could be higher then that by a bit. With that being said does this happen with other 3D games? As soon as this happen get out of Oblivion and load something else.

Remove the 6600gt and blow it out with some compressed air, use your lungs if need be. My above statement "not critcally high", should not be taken as things are all ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back