Oblivion Problem...HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyX

I have a horrible problem in oblivion, i don't know how it happened! Well first of all, my computer went off to get repairs after it wouldn't turn on properly due to some unknown problem. I thought the power-supply box was the problem and maybe something was wrong with the motherboard. turned out the problem was with the internal modem although i still don't get how that can be. Well after that i reinstalled oblivion and turned it on and there was a horrible problem in it. In the main menu of the game where on the center of the screen towards the top where it is written "Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion" there is a pink box and there are many pink boxes in place of many things in the game. Then many things are appearing pink in the game like the walls of forts (i just saw them from the outside) and rocks lying scattered around and the character is severely ...... "corrupted" from what i saw in the inventory menu.This happened only after my PC went for repairs and before that it was working normally.
My system:-
1 GB RAM
Intel Pentium D 2.66 GHz
ATi Radeon Xpress 200 Series 256 MB

see here:
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w264/sithmasteranirudh/Oblivion2007-04-1421-10-06-93.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w264/sithmasteranirudh/Oblivion2007-04-1421-09-50-96.jpg

please help:dead:

Well if it worked befor repairs then it messed up after repairs, It's probably the person who worked on it that messed it up

Ask him / her if they accedently did something inside your PC that could have done this?

Also does this happen in only Oblivion or in all games?

well the thing is the guy formatted my c: drive which had windows XP because he was saying it wasn't booting up and then he reinstalled XP. When i got the computer back i ran oblivion (which was in d: drive) but in the launcher everything except the elderscrolls.com and exit option were blacked out.So i reinstalled it. As for other games which were already there before the repairs and worked: Vice city worked,GTA 3 worked and San-andreas( which were all in my e: drive) worked but most wanted (also in e: drive) gave an error message about some file when i tried to start it . and i noticed that some softwares wouldn't work which were there before the repairs in my d: drive. The guy told me that he replaced the modem.

Even if you install a game to another 'drive', the C: registry has to record and manage it and a bunch of software/drivers get loaded onto c: anyway..

Reformat C:, new registry and basic drivers, screwed up programs on the other drives.

In any event, if your graphics are skewered it may well be he didn't install something you need.

If the shop is nearby, call and explain the problem and get them to fix it (free).

Failing that, download and run Everest Home and report as much data re the comp (make, model, motherboard, chipsets, etc) as you can and we can, hopefully, find drivers for you.

The only option I see is to format. That may seem bad but if you want oblivion to work you might have to do it. Also if you haven't already done so download all available patches for oblivion.

--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.20.405
Homepage http://www.lavalys.com/
Report Type Report Wizard
Computer ABC
Generator Anirudh
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
Date 2007-04-16
Time 21:55

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name ABC
User Name Anirudh

Motherboard:
CPU Type DualCore Intel Pentium D 805, 2666 MHz (20 x 133)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset ATI Radeon Xpress 200
System Memory 960 MB (DDR2-533 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (12/23/05)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series (256 MB)
Video Adapter ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series (256 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Radeon Xpress 200 (RC410)
Monitor Philips 150S (150S6) [15" LCD] (BZ 110844)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter ATI SB450 - AC'97 Audio Controller

Storage:
IDE Controller ATI IDE Controller
IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
SCSI/RAID Controller VAXSCSI Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive ST3802110AS (74 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive CL8231R FRU407V SCSI CdRom Device
Optical Drive TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-W162Z (DVD+R9:5x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:16x/8x, DVD-RW:16x/6x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/32x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDW/DVD SH-M522C (DVD:16x, CD:52x/32x/52x DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (FAT32) 19992 MB (11871 MB free)
D: (NTFS) 35000 MB (7600 MB free)
E: (FAT32) 21294 MB (4520 MB free)
Total Size 74.5 GB (23.4 GB free)

Input:
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse HID-compliant mouse

Network:
Network Adapter Belkin 54g Wireless USB Network Adapter (192.168.1.2)
Network Adapter Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
Modem PCI SoftV92 Modem

Peripherals:
Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer
USB1 Controller ATI SB450 - USB Controller
USB1 Controller ATI SB450 - USB Controller
USB1 Controller NEC uPD720101 USB OpenHCI Controller
USB1 Controller NEC uPD720101 USB OpenHCI Controller
USB2 Controller ATI SB450 - USB 2.0 Controller
USB2 Controller NEC uPD720101 USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller (v1.0)
USB Device Belkin 54g Wireless USB Network Adapter
USB Device USB Human Interface Device

I have installed the latest Catalyst Control Center along with the latest drivers that i could find. I don't know what other drivers i might need.

C: drive is your boot drive and you have XPSP2 installed BUT it shows a FAT32 partition.

Is that right?

Nothing I suppose - it just 'feels' wrong to have the OS on Fat32 and the bulk of the program on NTFS, but what the heck!

Anyway, those graphical glitches sound like artifacts. I can't see any mobo name in the report but I would suggest you try drivers recommended at the mobo manufacturer's site as a test (uninstall the present ones and use theirs).

:)

They're certainly not artifacts. Artifacts don't look like that. I think the texture packs in the game have been corrupted somehow. That's why some textures are normal and others are weird-looking. A re-install of Oblivion, as well as a chipset drivers update should fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back