Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

goliath9

hi guys ...does anyone know what is the parchment papers from oblivion use for? can u make a magic scroll with it? or just nothing....plus what about the dishes and silverware?

there are alot of objects in the elder scrolls series that can not be used. They just give the game a sense of reality. Now wit the parchment i believe you can make scrolls, but you must be enrolled in the arcane university in the imperial city. TO become enrolled, you must receive recomendation from all of the mages guilds in cyrodil.

AtK SpAdE said:
there are alot of objects in the elder scrolls series that can not be used. They just give the game a sense of reality. Now wit the parchment i believe you can make scrolls, but you must be enrolled in the arcane university in the imperial city. TO become enrolled, you must receive recomendation from all of the mages guilds in cyrodil.

i was enroll in the university, until yesterday when i accidently hit kill one of mage..how can i get back in the school?

How do I close the gates of Oblivion? So that the Emperor's son will come with me?

Also

Also when in Oblivion do I have Gard come with me or report back to the main Gard?

All Help and comments are much obliged.

walk upto the gate, then presh the space bar or what ever key you have to enter it.... you have to go into the gate and battle inside to close it ;)

im not sure about the other one, sorry mate :)

To close the gate you have to go inside a tower, the one that the guard in Oblivion says that his friend was taken to (not the one accross the bridge, but to the right).
Once in there, you work your way to the top, then accross to another tower. Were you find the guards friend.
Talk to him, he tells you what to do.
Then go back to the other tower, and into rooms that were locked before (you get a key off the Deadra that was guarding the captive).
Fight up to the top, and you will see a floating stone.
Pick it up, and after about 5 seconds you are teleported back outside the gate... Ta-Daa! The gate is closed.

Silver things and items like cups & plates are merly decoration, but can be sold.
When you own a house, you can buy/steal more cutlery & utensils to decorate your house with; simply drop the item, then use "Grab" (it's a find out what the key is in your options/controls menue) and move it to where you want it.

If anyone has any more questions about anything about Oblivion I'd be happy to assist you :)

kiss said:
To close the gate you have to go inside a tower, the one that the guard in Oblivion says that his friend was taken to (not the one accross the bridge, but to the right).
Once in there, you work your way to the top, then accross to another tower. Were you find the guards friend.
Talk to him, he tells you what to do.
Then go back to the other tower, and into rooms that were locked before (you get a key off the Deadra that was guarding the captive).
Fight up to the top, and you will see a floating stone.
Pick it up, and after about 5 seconds you are teleported back outside the gate... Ta-Daa! The gate is closed.

Silver things and items like cups & plates are merly decoration, but can be sold.
When you own a house, you can buy/steal more cutlery & utensils to decorate your house with; simply drop the item, then use "Grab" (it's a find out what the key is in your options/controls menue) and move it to where you want it.

If anyone has any more questions about anything about Oblivion I'd be happy to assist you :)

hi how do i get back into the arcane university?
i got kick off

goliath9 said:
hi how do i get back into the arcane university?
i got kick off

Find 20 Daedra hearts, and 20 portions of Vampire Dust (Hard to find, and becomes mroe dangerous each time you face them [vampires that is]). Then talk to Raminus in the Arcane University, and you will be let back in.

kiss said:
Find 20 Daedra hearts, and 20 portions of Vampire Dust (Hard to find, and becomes mroe dangerous each time you face them [vampires that is]). Then talk to Raminus in the Arcane University, and you will be let back in.

so i need all that before i can go back to the arcane?

or just talk to raminus

goliath9 said:
so i need all that before i can go back to the arcane?

or just talk to raminus

You have to get those items (the hearts & dust) THEN talk to Raminus, and he will allow you back in. But ONLY after you have given him those items (all in 1 bunch, not 1 at a time).

kiss said:
You have to get those items (the hearts & dust) THEN talk to Raminus, and he will allow you back in. But ONLY after you have given him those items (all in 1 bunch, not 1 at a time).

do you know where i can get those item...the dust? ..cuz i can just get the heart in the gate

Well you have to be atleast lvl 20 for them to appear... And you just have to look for them in caves & dungens & crypts...
I found that they are actually quite hard to find.
But you should only have to find 2 or 3 caves where they are to get 20.
So basically... Seek & ye shall find!
Sorry I can't be more specific then that.
If I find any good areas with them, I will post where they are.

kiss said:
Well you have to be atleast lvl 20 for them to appear... And you just have to look for them in caves & dungens & crypts...
I found that they are actually quite hard to find.
But you should only have to find 2 or 3 caves where they are to get 20.
So basically... Seek & ye shall find!
Sorry I can't be more specific then that.
If I find any good areas with them, I will post where they are.

thanx for the advice...

hey what size are you playing oblivion with? me i use 1600-1200 ......do you know what is a safe number to OC my video card? i have a gateway fx510x with 7800 GTX Dual core 2.8...rite now im sittin at 430/1200mhz

kiss said:
First you have to do missions for all the Mages guilds, and then they let you in.

i need to get the items...to be get back in....im askin..for the main quest....wat do i do to get inside..to talk to the girl about the daeric cult....there no ther way in...

Problem

NOW, I have two problems after almost acing the game.

1. I have finished the main quests and become Champion of Cyrodiil, and now i want to cure myself of vampirism, so I have all the ingredients but when I speak to the witch, the Bloodgrass comment doesnt appear in the list of items needed.
Does anyone know how to remedy this problem, please?

2. I have been expelled from the mages guild for killing a mage during another quest, I have finished the main quest, so there are no oblivion gates, and it Rominus tells me i need 20 daedra hearts, how do i get these hearts if i dont have any oblivion gates? please

Answer asap ! thx

depends...do you want to cheat for them? Otherwise you will have a though time trying to find 20 of them in shops.

hmm

Well, Im playing on the xbox360, dunno how to cheat on it? Unless you can tell me, Id rather cheat 20 daedra hearts instead of starting all over again. Appreciate it.

ah mate, i (stupidly) assumed you were on PC. I will se if i can dig up something.

EDIT

Check out this video..

It seems like you

a. begin to shoot
b. Double click on the arrows
c. THen drop the item you want to duplicate.

and wazzam

goliath9 said:
i need to get the items...to be get back in....im askin..for the main quest....wat do i do to get inside..to talk to the girl about the daeric cult....there no ther way in...

The "girl" (aragonian) that you have to talk to is just inside the foyar... so you don't have to be in the mages guild to talk to her.

Epox360 said:
NOW, I have two problems after almost acing the game.

1. I have finished the main quests and become Champion of Cyrodiil, and now i want to cure myself of vampirism, so I have all the ingredients but when I speak to the witch, the Bloodgrass comment doesnt appear in the list of items needed.
Does anyone know how to remedy this problem, please?

2. I have been expelled from the mages guild for killing a mage during another quest, I have finished the main quest, so there are no oblivion gates, and it Rominus tells me i need 20 daedra hearts, how do i get these hearts if i dont have any oblivion gates? please

Answer asap ! thx

Number 1 is a glitch I think.
Number 2; All I can suggest is travel back and forth between all vendors, and buy all the deadra hearts you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back