Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon95

My C:// drive is 40 GB and my D:// is 160 GB and my C:// drive had about 18% space left so I was moving oblivion because I know you need at least 15% space for de-fragging and my updates were getting bigger, so I know I should have uninstalled Oblivion and installed it on D:// but I just moved it because I was in a rush but I couldn't play it so I tryed uninstalling it but that didn't work (probably because it was trying to uninstall of C://) so I didn't know about all this at the time though I have reccently only found this out so I put oblivion in the search and deleted most the files apart from my save game files I have emptied my recycle bin and my history and deleted my temporary files please tell me what I may do to solve my dilema? thanks for reading my post. bye

sorry to say that your question is not very clear,u have written last 3/4 sentences at a stretch without any fullstop.anyway,whenever u install a game it gets a signature entry in your registry and a manual deletion or manual replacement of the game to other directory results in unistallation(and thereby future installation) problem and the proper running of the game respectively.that is why when someone formats the directory containing windows OS (normally c:/) other games stop funtioning even if they remain in other partitions untouched.if u have your oblivion save file and u can't clean your registry(a difficult task definitely),u can format your window drive and then reinstall oblivion.

sorry I don't really understand

sorry I don't really understand. do you mean I have to delete my save game files?

if u want to play oblivion again,then copy the save file to a pen drive or something,format ur windows containing directory,reinstall the game,play few minutes from the begining until u get an autosave,thus a save file will be created at c:/desktop/my documents,then replace that save file with your old save file and u will be able to resume the game from that point where u had last stopped.if u don't want to play oblivion again,then u don't need to bother about anything,nor do u have to format any drive if it is not necessary right now...

You could try reinstalling the game to the same directory it was in before on the C drive, then try unstalling the game propperly before installing again on the D drive from the DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back