Obsidian 450D & Carbide Air 540 Review: Corsair's Take on Dual-Chamber and Mid-Tower Case Designs

Steve

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/811-corsair-obsidian-450d-and-carbide-air-540/]https://www.techspot.com/review/811-corsair-obsidian-450d-and-carbide-air-540/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

I just bought the Air 540 yesterday and I really like it.The only problem I had was the lack of 3,5 inch storage which I solved by buying a double 5,25 inch to three 3,5 inch converter.

It'll be a while before I part with my 600T, but when I do I'll be looking at ones like the 540.

I enjoyed this review, I read it all without skipping any pages. I wouldn't mind seeing a quick video like Scorpus puts in his cell phone reviews though.(y):D

I would like a couple of fans on the side, to to suck at the two Graphics Cards, plus up to 3 on the front, with good dust filter, to suck cool air in. The two fans on the top can suck the CPU out. One sucking up at the bottom is good too.

My Brother has had the Air 540 for quite some time now and he loves it, filled the 3.5 Inch spaces with a WD Relocirapter and a WD Black 4TB, then the rest is just a bunch of SSD's he's accumulated over time, so the limited Hard Drive space was a none issue in his case. He's also filled it with a thick triple slot radiator and went custom water cooling in there, looks pretty sick with the large window on the side!

I love my Obsidian 550D. Best aesthetics and without showing off.

I don't know why someone would want more. I would want a nice sunroof in my car to enjoy the view and a nice breeze, but I couldn't care less about a window in my PC :) Therefore I still think that my Obsidian 550D is the best :)

Last edited:
I would like a couple of fans on the side, to to suck at the two Graphics Cards, plus up to 3 on the front, with good dust filter, to suck cool air in. The two fans on the top can suck the CPU out. One sucking up at the bottom is good too.

That's what she said.

The Obsidian 550D looks the best to me too, if you want to keep a few Graphics Cards cool.

Im still loving my Obsidian 800D (Though I almost break my back if I have to move it lol) but I got to say that Air 540 is beyond sweet. Really makes me want to start a new build inside that machine because of the way everything is laid out and the extra spaces provided. I would so love to buy a nice Motherboard (Something like on the Haswell-E family supported boards), put in a couple of the new coming Devil 13 295X2 cards with some blocks, a couple of 240mm rads or something along those lines, and then have some fun with the designs. That is a well designed case for enthusiasts in my book (Even missing some of the space for the 3.5 drives and such).

Great Review Steve, was a fun read!

@Steve, just for curiosity sake, do you know how much room was left at the front of that case with the 295X2 installed. I'm curious how thick of a radiator I could fit inside with that cards length (Since its one of the longer cards).

I love my new 540. I got the silver and black one, really unique and was super easy to work with. Cools better than my HAF932 did with some good fans, as well.

The 450D is indeed a nice case, as is the 550D and 600T (this one I currently use)
Corsair make good stuff!

Back