Oc Amd 64 3000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acidwinter

I just purchased a socket 939 AMD64 3000+ CPU today, im not exactly sure which codename it is, but Ive heard from a lot of places that I can overclock it to 2ghz on stock cooling. Is this true? According to a benchmark site I found, if you OC it to 2.2ghz, you will get very decent results. I just want to confirm these rumors. Anyone done this before?

I think the best answer we can give you is... maybe. There is no "one" answer for your CPU. Each CPU has its own personality and overclockability.

But going from 1.8Ghz to 2.0Ghz sounds like a fairly reasonable expectation, one you should be able to reach. 2.2Ghz is the question, isn't it? Just take it REALLY slow, bumping yourself up one small step at a time and then test your system for errors/crashes before bumping up to the next level. If you are lucky you'll have a CPU that is very happy at that clock and you're good to go! :)

For an OC to 2.0Ghz, you will PROBABLY be OK with stock cooling. It'll depend on your case's air flow, ambient temp etc. But to go to 2.2Ghz, you're probably going to need a better cooling solution.

Good luck!

My first

This will be my first real overclock. I tried overclocking a celeron but apparently overclocking the voltage = bad idea. So I will take it very slow with this once I can get the hang of FSB and stuff. Before I do anything im going to try it as is. I had a celeron D 2.93ghz cpu which ran pretty damn decent for some games. So if this is much better STOCK then I probably wont even screw with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back