Oc...what could it be now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazy_duz_em

Hey ya'll
As my sig shows i oc my cpu to 2664. yesterday i tried to oc the memories but my computer would not boot anymore..(it started beeping , lack of memory beep).So i reseted my bios but now i cannot overclock my cpu further than 2580..more than this and mobo goes crazy again with the beep and after that i recive a bios message something like "Warning sistem is running in safe mode, please lower your cpu fsb" interesting that i never got this not even at 2760mhz. :|..until that thingy with the memories Oc.

P.S:It's not from the bios i am quite experienced so setting the bios/overclocking ain't a hard job for me.
Are my memories Failling?...oh and i cannot go over DDR369 :| (Dual DDR400 default)

eazy_duz_em said:
Hey ya'll
As my sig shows i oc my cpu to 2664. yesterday i tried to oc the memories but my computer would not boot anymore..(it started beeping , lack of memory beep).So i reseted my bios but now i cannot overclock my cpu further than 2580..more than this and mobo goes crazy again with the beep and after that i recive a bios message something like "Warning sistem is running in safe mode, please lower your cpu fsb" interesting that i never got this not even at 2760mhz. :|..until that thingy with the memories Oc.

P.S:It's not from the bios i am quite experienced so setting the bios/overclocking ain't a hard job for me.
Are my memories Failling?...oh and i cannot go over DDR369 :| (Dual DDR400 default)
You should never OC the memory.

Post overcloking threads in the cooling forum. Please read the stickies from now on.

What do you mean you never OC the memory?

OCing the memory is what gives it the great big boost. Just make sure you get the right type of memory to OC, coupled with the right mobo.

Of course, thats if you're doing some serious overclocking, you don't need them if you're thinking of a 10% increase....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back