Occasional and random BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I've been trying to figure this out for a while to no avail. At random times on my laptop, I get occasional BSODs. This tends to happen when playing media files - but that is a questionable association. I ran Memtest86+ for a while, and no errors were found, so I'm at a loss as to what's causing the problems.

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and have recently reformatted but this did not fix the problem. I've attached 3 minidumps and was wondering if someone could kindly help me out - that would be excellent

Thanks in advance,
Tim

EDIT: Uh oh - I got another BSOD. Apparently it's something to do with ntoskrnl.exe and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL?

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    70.8 KB · Views: 3
All three errors are 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

Unfortunantly they only cited Windows OS drivers and they are usually too general to be of much help.

How many Passes did you run memtest? The minimum is to be 7.

Give is your hardware specs. Did you try updating your video card drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back