Ocing a e-geforce 6200 pci video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

treetops

Yes Iv read the sticky and Iv read all sorts of peoples experiences and guides on this. The new drivers do not work ocing my card. This is my first time trying to oc. If I move the memory or core at all Ill crash in 3dmark01. Others have had this problem and the 76.44 nvidea driver has worked for them. I just tried it and it didn't work for me. Does anyone know a proper driver or better program than riva tuner I can use to oc my card? I only have pci slots btw. Yeah I know I can get a new mobo n card n all that. I know you can clock this card, I followed the steps, I must be having the same problem a lot of other people are having. Or heck if anyone knows how to unlock the other 4 pipelines that would be nice. But the only thing close to being able to unlock this card that Iv read is a theory on flashing the bios, which I have no idea how to do, but will do If told how and its not to hard or dangerous. Out of the 4-5 hours I spent reading forums only 2 sources said its possible. Neither told exactly how 1 was wikipedia and the other was a 2 yr old post.

Without oc my mark is 6955

Its nv44a{a1,4pp,3vp} with ddr 2 (which is supposedly unlockable)

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A1270455

I have a
600 watt psu
Nvidea 6200 e-geforce pci card, link to card above.
2.53 pent 4
2gig ddr ram
dell dimension 2400

If your 6200 is a nv44 chip, then it has only 4 pipes total, there are no others to unlock. (the nv43 core 6200's could normally be unlocked) For drivers, you might try downloading the latest nvidia driver, but modifying it with an INF from laptopvideo2go. Their inf allows most any card to work with the nvidia drivers. Worth a shot at least. FWIW, my pci 6200 (3dfuzion) would not overclock more than a measly few Mhz.

iv seen people on forums say they increased theyre car 50-110 mz core and like 200 memory. Yeah I started with the latest drivers, and I just tried 3-4 old drivers people recomended in forums like 2 yrs ago and they did nothing. I tried ati tool coolbits and some other programs I cant rem. Ill look into that link. I cant even increase it 5hz core or memory. Iv read the latest drivers are the reason for this. Thanks for confirming about the pipelines.

Hmm that laptop thing works on a desktop eh?

Hey treetops i followed that guys instructions on how to overclock the card...i have the same card as you. Anyways i don't know if you know but that page is for a agp version of the card which is considerably faster and better than our "PCI" version" BUT...I was actually able to get the core Over Clocked to 350(from 280). I cant touch the memory at all though...even as little as 2 notches more than what it's at now the game freezes then my PC crashes.

Download nTune:
And try overclocking using that.

thanks red but I just don't think over clocking the memory is possible..either with this card..or my pc. I am grateful I was able to OC the Core though..I am now able to play the game(warrock) i have been playing for the last 2 years but recently as 2 weeks have not been able too due to the game makers releasing a HUGE patch which made me not be able to get good FPS anymore...but now with the core Overclocked I can once again pwn :)

For someone who has a 6200 BFG , its the OC version. I tried to OC the card , the memory i can, but the core impossible. Come to find out, don't waste your time trying to OC, the card is a beast and it performs good in games at stock settings.

I have the OC BFG version tho , don't know how well the others work. But keep in mind, the BFG 8400gs , well BFG said its 2x times more powerful then the 6200, i say 5x. Go buy the BFG 8400gs :)

It says its 2x faster because it is, 5x faster would be as fast as a 7900 pcie card. And apparently he's asking how to oc it because it doesnt perform good at stock speeds. Play in the pci thread, not here imo.

I would use the 81.98, they seem to be the best with the 6200 series.

OMG thanks so much!!!! i tried that version then i tried over clocking the memory...and it worked!!!!! i now have over clocked the core to 350(from 280) and the memory to 550!!! from 400 ...this is unbelievableeeee omg the difference in game is tremendous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back