Oc'ing a pentium d..

Status
Not open for further replies.

demon406

hello,i have a pentium d 3.4ghz and i was wondering if i could overclock it to its max ? i knw pentium d sucks towards overclocking but still any possible way ? i am afraid to get it fried so i need some tips . here is my sys.
motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-G1975X Turbo
ram:1GB DDR2 667 (PC 5400)
graphic card: GIGABYTE 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Silent Pipe II
processor:Intel Pentium D 3.4ghz ( using stock fan )

I wouldn't OC it on stock. What are you idle and load temps? If your idle is under 40, you maybe be able to squeeze it up to 3.6-3.7 area. Make sure you know what your doing though, and have the money to pay for a new one if it is ruined.

hmm so u suggest me not to oc it unless i get a cooler? my temp max is 28C ... i have a case fan tho 120mm.

demon406 said:
hmm so u suggest me not to oc it unless i get a cooler? my temp max is 28C ... i have a case fan tho 120mm.
Unless you're using water-cooling or live in Antarctica, I'm 120% sure your max temp is much over 28C. Your software readings must be way off.

If you OC on stock voltage your temps will not [...shouldn't] change that much. So a super-mild (and useless) OC of 200MHz will most likely do nothing in either the temp or speed.

It seems that overclocking a Pentium D would be pretty hard, though, as they run pretty hot. Unless you got a good cooling system or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back