Oculus Rift headsets used to help Norwegian Army drive tanks

By Shawn Knight
May 6, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Driving a tank or an armored vehicle of any sort in a game like Battlefield may seem easy once you get the hang of the controls but truth be told, it's incredibly difficult to pull off in real life. Complex...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

Nice, now the driver can revert to to playing a game when there's a lull in the battle.
    Jad Chaar likes this.
  3. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

Did that guy say there's a taco in the road? (2:12)

Good points about the military vs. civilian costs there. And a very good point about synthetic vs. natural vision. I think at some point in the distant future that the synthetic vision could provide more benefits than their detraction.
  4. RenGood08

RenGood08 TS Booster Posts: 185   +13

This is a really neat step forward. But the only difference between a game and real life battle is that you can't regenerate like you can in COD xD This is seriously cool though. I like any advancements that help the military do their work more thoroughly and efficiently. =D
  5. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 807   +270

Next news: American army playing Call of Duty to help them get ready for combat.
    RenGood08 likes this.
  6. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,269   +101

Not till they have fully capable humanoid robots. Sounds like a movie I saw one time.
  7. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

This scene from the avengers came to mind:
    Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  8. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,114   +1,377

Dude, the idea is that once you put that contraption on, you dive in, you do not stick your head outside the tank! :)

Somebody needs to explain it to them... :)

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  9. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,157   +195

is this the new AT vehicle in star wars 7? :)