TechSpot

Oculus VR acquires design company behind Xbox 360 controller, Kinect

By Shawn Knight
Jun 24, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Oculus VR has acquired Carbon Design, the company responsible for designing the Xbox 360 controller and the original Kinect. Terms of the deal weren't disclosed although the two have apparently be working together on multiple unannounced projects for over a...

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,168   +243

"Facebook Bought design company behind xbox 360 controller, kinect" I think thats what you mean :)

3. Hooray! Gorilla arms for everyone! Stand and wave at your underpowered console until your aching biceps look like Popeye and your head spins so you want to throw up. But it'll be a perfect way to poke your friends on FaceCube.

I want to be able to sit down, I do not want to have to hold anything at arms length, I do not want to wave at anything. Just give me two flat hands wsad under the left and a mouse under the right, and I'll work the rest out myself. I tried the waving thing with the Leap, and I want none, none more waving.

4. theBest11778

theBest11778 TS Enthusiast Posts: 151   +32

Considering this company created the Xbox 360 controller, arguably the best controller ever made (I do feel the XBO is a bit better because of the D-pad, other than that it's basically the same though,) I have high hopes they'll figure out a proper solution to work with Oculus.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.