TechSpot

OCZ Arc 100 SSD Review: Aiming for the Value Sweet Spot

By Steve
Aug 13, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

It is very interesting how the 850 Pro scored substantially higher than the 840 Pro in the file copy test. I was pretty shocked at how much better it performed.

2. Well I was looking into an SSD, and as I format my PC whenever the mood takes me or a nice fresh install is on the cards, endurance was a factor. The Samsung Evo Pro 840 (256GB), Kingston HyperX 3k (240GB) and the Corsair Neutron GTX (256GB), had all made it passed a Petabyte of data writes.
    Hopefully the Samsung 850 would have no problem in doing the same.
    If I am going to buy an SSD I would either splash enough for a fast durable OS drive, or I want oodles of room.
    And .50/gig, £/$1000 will get you 2TBs worth. Insane as a storage solution.

3. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,154   +1,429

To save time of others: Samsung 850 Pro is the one to buy today, period.

Julio Franco likes this.
  4. No more OCZ for me, I've been burn by them twice with failed SSDs. Samsung and Intel for me, they may cost more, but they are a lot better.

5. Judging by the review the MX100 is actually cheaper and still manages to be a better quality drive.

Julio Franco likes this.
  6. I purchased two 120GB OCZ Vertex+ SSDs over 2 years ago. They're used daily and never had an once of bother out of either of them.

7. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,929   +186

8. Soon to come tho is tlc from toshiba , so maybe this just a warm up project b4 they start shipping affordable 0.5Tb disks no?

9. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,701   +1,886

Did that really need to be en Francais?:confused: