Odd desktop problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
After starting up my computer today I noticed that none of my desktop icons were showing up like they should be. They all looked like er... bare bones or something meaning that for instance my Oblivion.exe shortcut looked like a plain white box instead of the game icon (I'm not hugely savvy with any computer lingo as you may have already guessed). I looked at the properties for the icon and saw that the target path was still correct so I'm not sure what could be causing this. Any ideas on what happened to my poor little cpu?

GreyMasker,

Welcome to Techspot!

Is everything else running ok. It sounds like a possible Smitfraud infection.

My name is Blind Dragon and I will be helping you with your Malware problem. During the course of our interactions please be sure to follow all instructions carefully, and ask questions if you are unsure of how to proceed at any point.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 4.

1)MBAM or SAS log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)
4)C:\rapport.txt from smitfraud tool option 1

This thread is for the use of GreyMasker only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back