Odd PC Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there. I'm on this site looking for help which i was trying to do for the past day. I have a 1337 pc to be hones, 1 gig ram, 3.4 processor, 256 video. I have the works, so i play a bit of Counter Strike: Source, sure no problem, but when i get to the stage de_dust a few minutes later of playing it,(Which isnt really more graphical) it just crashs but oddly, the screen just shuts off and the monitor loose's signal, but the pc is still running. no error screens, nothing in the logs, nothing. So i play F.E.A.R and as soon as i see a dead guy walking distant to me in the hall way, it crash's again (Was scared ****less), the same crash exactly, so im just stuck on this since i cant find any error logs about it, and ive searched the internet, found a guy who had the same problem as me but no luck. (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/550957.html) (The link to the guy who had the same problem would be very appreciated if you checked it out :( ) Anyways well im stuck on whats the problem and i need help from a computer GURU! PLEASE SOMEONE SAVE MY GAMING LIFE =[

Try turning off the hardware acceleration, that's what I do when I have a problem with a game. It sure sounds like an odd problem, and if nothing works, and you have nothing important on the computer (try backing up first), format the hard drive, and start from scratch, and see if the problem persists.

vidcard issue

Skas said:
256 video. (...) the screen just shuts off and the monitor loose's signal, but the pc is still running. no error screens, nothing in the logs, nothing.
What you are describing is video card failure. Please provide more info on your vcard than just "256 video".

cfitzarl said:
Try turning off the hardware acceleration, that's what I do when I have a problem with a game. It sure sounds like an odd problem, and if nothing works, and you have nothing important on the computer (try backing up first), format the hard drive, and start from scratch, and see if the problem persists.

I wouldn't reformat and reinstall Windows as my second step.

It seems like it's something to do with the card overheating, since you can play a bit of the game before it happens, and "fixes" itself after you restart. Try making sure there is some airflow over the card and that the heatsink is well seated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back