Odd RAM and boot issue

WONDERGG

So I've added a new PSU to my setup, which works relatively fine. I however, stumbled upon this very odd issue.

If I start my PC, it works fine. If I restart my PC, it works fine. If I shut down my PC however, I will need to either demount or mount a ram stick for it to boot again. This has to be done every time I shut down my pc, which I can't image is healthy.

I have a hunch I need to fix this through my BIOS, but I'm not sure. What's your thoughts?

"I will need to either demount or mount a ram stick for it to boot again"... You mean remove a RAM stick and then re-install it? Any stick or the first, if you have more than one stick installed?

You seem to be having all the fun these days..

First, check current BIOS and note settings (I write mine down in my manual - in pencil).

With motherboard manual in hand to check BIOS elements and guide you around the board:
- reset CMOS
- start system and go ASAP to BIOS
-"load optimal defaults"
- "save & exit"
- see what happens (it may not recognize drives if they were AHCI and not IDE, etc)

- restart system and go ASAP to BIOS
- revise BIOS to better reflect your system (like no PS/2 keyboard, disabling the serial port, etc, etc)
- "save & exit"
- see what happens

This should work for BIOS issues in the event that replacing/removing RAM was forcing some sort of reset.

If you have to remove or add RAM to get it to boot, then I'm wondering if there is a cracked solder joint or some other physical damage.

Back