Odd text documents on desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloo Ice

Hi. Sometimes I'll go to use my computer and I'll find 1, 2, 3, or more of the same text document. It looks like it has something to do with Java. Sometimes someone would delete them, and my computer seemed fine, so I just kept deleting them, but they are gettting really annoying. I attached one so you can see what it is.

What is this annoyance and how do I stop it? Thanks

As the log file says, it is VNC that is crashing.

If you don't know what VNC is or have never used/installed it then your computer has been hijacked. Better unplug and format right away.

If you are knowingly using VNC then you should consider not using the Java applet or updating your software.

What is VNC? I notice a lot of times when I'm using Limewire and then it will just disappear, and later I will have that text document. Does it have anything to do with Limewire?

You have been hijacked. Since VNC gives the bad guy full control over your computer then the only way to clean your computer and be sure is to format. Any executable in your computer may have been altered to contain malware.

Format. Keep only pure data files. No programs. Disable macros and make sure none of your Office documents contain them.

It may have come with Limewire since that thing is full of spyware and god knows what you download with it..

I would like to just renforce what nodSU is saying. VNCs allow total control over a PC. We ouse them at school to remotely acsess computers. When i am using a VNC i can do anything i want on that machine, (well pretty much) include looking in documnets, altering files, adding in software, you name it...a VNC will allow you to use it. So reformat...now or you take a very big risk. The sfaest way to enure no further damage it to immeaditly unpulg you internet connection. Then start from there. Good luck man

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back