OEM win-xp cd is not asking for activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidabiri

i build pc as a part time job. i recently built a completely new system for a customer. the customer had her own cd (windows xp professional sp2 / oem cd). after i installed the windows. it didn't remind for activation in system tray. and it's been three weeks without any reminder. i looked at the cd, and it is a microsoft oem cd with microsoft logo and holograms. the cd looks genuine. she said she purchased from a reputable software website. is it ok? is this ever going to ask for activation? i don't know what to tell her. can somebody help me on this issue Please?

when you have the disk in a optical drive what does the volume label read as?

the volume label for XP pro Sp2 oem is VRMPOEM_EN

i'm not sure if i understand what an optical drive is. you mean when you load the cd, and look at the drive, what it says there? i don't have the cd. i forgot what it says when you look at win-xp directory and the cd drive. i have to get it and look at it. whatdoes that mean anyway?

An optical drive is a Cd Rom, DVD Rom, CDRW, or DVDRW. when the diskis inserted to the drive and you open my computer and look at the drive icon there is a label there for whatever disk is in the drive.

if the optical drive is say (D: ) then the label that would be showing for XP Pro Sp2 OEM would look like this. VRMPOEM_EN (D: ) the label tells you what kind of XP the disk is.

ok, iss,
i see what you mean. i never noticed the volumn info on that cd. i have to look at it and see what it says. what does vrmpoem_en mean anyway?

VRM is the first part of the label on XP dsks with SP2 the "P" stands for professional, ( if it were home it would be "H") OEM is of course "Original Equipment manufacturer" and "EN" means it is the English version of XP.

if it were a retail XP Pro disk then it would be VRMPFPP_EN "VRM" =SP2 "P" =professional, "FPP" = Full Packaged Product (retail version) "EN" English

thanks iss,
i have learned a lot. i'll check that cd and find out what version it is.

thanks a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back