Office 2003 Outlook errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I've just upgraded my computer to Office 2003 and am now unable to get mail in the new outlook program (but an old MS outlook express 6 works fine).

I'm using windows XP and have installed all the upgrades and fixes that were listed at the update site.

We have a wireless network for our broadband account (internet still works fine.)

I've looked at all the settings i know about in the setup of Outlook2003 but can't see anywhere that actually mentions broadband if that's what the problem is...??

The error messages vary from 0x800CCC15, 0x80004005, 0x8004210a.
I have googled them all but can't find anything that works!

thanks HEAPS for any advice.
Michelle.

the messages are-

Task 'Michelle - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Task 'Michelle - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Task 'Michelle - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC15) : 'Unable to connect to the network. Check your network connection or modem.'

Task 'Michelle - Sending' reported error (0x80004005) : 'The operation failed.'

Going to have to agree with Peddant on this one. He pretty much said what I was going to had I got here first :p.

Good website he has there to help get the email address set up right. And like he said has to be a setting or something with Outlook since outlook express is working.

Tedster said:
why PAY for M$ office when you can get Openoffice for free?
I would say because a lot of people don't know that much about Openoffice and some that it even exists. As far as they know the only option out there is MS office.

Just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back