Office 2003 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sat-pimp

How many pc's can you run MS Office 2003 Standard edition on? I have 4 PC's. My copy has a valid cd key.
Also How many can you run the professional version on.

OEM = it has to live and die on the pc its first installed on and is not transferable.
If you change your, mobo, or even cpu, you are required in accordance to the EULA to buy a new OEM copy of office (oh and your OS). How much does that suck!?!

RETAIL = Can be installed on any ONE pc at a time. Unless its for personal use in which case the regular user of it can also install it on a portable computer (laptop). You're not supposed to use both at the same time.

Theoretically you could install the same version on a few pc's and just blag MS when you phone them for activation. But i didn't tell you that....and besides it breaks the EULA if you do!

edit: standard and pro have the same EULA, so the same rules apply to both, basically its one pc per licence key.

Recent discussions on these forums indicated that you could install the Student version on 3 PCs. But Professional you were only allowed one.

See here for additional info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back