Office 2003 slowing my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I wondered if you could help? Installed office 2003 Pro 2 days ago and my computer has slowed down massively even when no office programmes are in use. It's so slow it's almost unusable. I previously had Office XP and it was fine.

I'm using a Pentium 4 1800Mhz, 128Mb RAM, 80Gb HDD running Windows XP

I've looked for spyware, viruses etc but nothing has been found. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

More RAM would help some. Micro$oft say it'll run in 128MB butgenerally their minimum figures are not very workable.

The greatest threat to your 128RAM computer is Windows Xp. Upgrading to 256 will get you a BIG step forward, and going to 512 will give you a Huge performance gain.

I am sure your computer is OK, but 128 ram in our days is like going with a 25HP car on the highway and wondering why it doesn't exceeds 30mph.

to run almost any program at full/standered speed you need 512mb of ram.

to run it desently you need 256 mb

a stick of 256mb genic pc2700 souldn't be more than $20-$40

also make sure theres 512mb on the harddrive Microsoft says there should be 200 mb for windows file swap but it needs at lest 512mb

If not free up some space by deleting any unused programs

I had 128MB ram in my 1.7Ghz Celeron with Windows XP installed and it ran unbearably slow even just after a format. I know have 256 and am generally happy alothough 512 would be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back