OfficeXP Freezes

By Chorley
Apr 20, 2006
  1. When I use OfficeXP Word everything is fine until I need to save my work, the progranne then freezes. I have the Admin rights so I tried to run repair from the CD, it loades so far and then stops up comes Error message 1311. Source file not found \ I then have to stop repair. (service pack tried to download but had same problem) I then decided to copy CD to hard drive and try again but still had same problem. I then went to Search and found that this CAB file was missing. So then found Billynda site and downloaded Office1.Cab, was told that this was 214MB but I only got 65.8mb.
    So now this is on my hard drive saved in Folder in "My Computer". What do I do now?

I am a 64 year young man who is a complete novice Help!!

I have windows XP
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

quit using M$ office and switch to openoffice. Fully compatible and has even more features. it's FREE
  3. Chorley

Chorley TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for advice

Need more info there has to be a reason for this malfunction everything was working fine up to 6 days ago. It was then that the altermatic updates tried to download a service pack to the Office Suite.
  4. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Are you trying to save to a networked drive? I have a horrible time with this when I am using my work computer and it tries to find all the networked drives (which aren't connected) and it just freezes.

:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:
  5. s3xynanigoat

s3xynanigoat TS Rookie Posts: 94

6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

possible virus infection?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.