Oh Server Room Most Deadly....

Phantasm66

The Register ( http://theregus.com , http://www.theregister.co.uk/ ) have been running a few articles on the world's most dangerous server rooms....

Please be aware that there are some pretty gruesome sights here:

Here's the first..... The Ultimate case mod.... The "Wall" Mod:

926.jpg

926.jpg

Here's a little one that's comming along nicely:

891.jpg

I call this one the "Spagetti" Server:

901.jpg

Bow before me, for I am the champion of chaos!!!! :

905.jpg

Things just kept getting worse the farther I scrolled down the screen. Man that SATAN one is insane.

Needless to say, I instantly powered down ALL OF MY COMPUTERS and straightened out the cables till it was tidy boy city....

Reminds me of the time I got trapped in the Arachnid Queen's dirty hole of a lair...

These people should be shot. It's inhumane! Can none of you feel the pain of these servers??

Originally posted by Phantasm66
Needless to say, I instantly powered down ALL OF MY COMPUTERS and straightened out the cables till it was tidy boy city....

You should see the inside of my case. :dead: Every time I open the sucker up I tuck cables, fold them (you may think I'm an origami artist) behind things, straighten the whole thing out...Good thing I only have 2 machines in my room :dead:

Never mind their pain... Soon it will be a long forgotten memory when they sprout wings and start to breathe fire!!!

"Do not touch any of these wires" hahah... I suppose they are trying to make clear point, even clearer !

Dark Beginnings:

wiring.jpg

Rolling Rock Server :

longshot.jpg

These one's don't really qualify but don't worry I am looking for more....

Hm...plenty pictures of the servers, but none of you!

Wow, that is pretty insane. Looks nice and spacious in there when its all clean though.

I'll try and snap a few pictures of our server here in school, it's awful!!!

For the meantime I'll attach these, prolly the most good looking server room I've ever seen (pic is from Nvidia)

fiberopticnetwork.jpg

cables.jpg

Those pictures are hilarious. I can't believe that people actually have those as their servers. How do you know what is going on???????

Great finds, those made me laugh at the stupidity in the world.

That can't be right......How does one go about not putting them into a tower or something. They aren't THAT expensive.

Originally posted by Phantasm66
Heheheh its so funny you have fallen for THESE WIND-UPS!!!

NONE OF THESE ARE REAL!!@@!@!@!@!
Well, of course some of these are fake, however, when you are out in the field this actually is not uncommon....

I'm really hoping I can snap a picture of our server room for you guys, it will be next week if so...

Erm...right.

These might not be real, but in the dank, moist, putrid corners of the internet there looms sights even messier and disgusting than these ;)

Did you see the other week 9 or so of the internet's key 13 DNS servers were hacked into and still the internet endured??

Biggest hack ever
by Per @ 4:10 PM - [Comments]

All 13 of the Internet's root servers were struck starting at about 5 p.m. EDT Monday, and the attack may have lasted over six hours. Only 9 of the 13 root servers were actually brought down, but most surfers didn't notice due to the Internet's redundancy system. However, just one additional failure would have disrupted emails and Web browsing across parts of the Internet. A longer, more extensive attack could have seriously damaged our worldwide electronic telecommunications infrastructure.

This just goes to show how reliable the internet really is, hopefully these attacks will not become to common. Because then you would need to remember the IP Address to every site you which to visit.

Back