Ok man we get it

By RamenNoodles
Jun 13, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://www.2and2.net/my.php?image=http://www.2and2.net/files/466f7f2d106c0.jpg

To me, this is getting a little out of hand. This site wasn't created as a "see who can get the most posts contest." You don't need to respond to every "Hello im new" thread. Im more than willing to bet that at least 80% of your posts come from the Newcomers forum area that are along the lines of, "Hello and welcome, nice to meet you."

Im not trying to flame you or anything like that, but I think Howard can handle that stuff. He doesnt need a sidekick.
  2. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

Hi there.

I regularly post welcomes to newcomers, and although its little more than "Hi, how are U?" its welcomed I think. It makes people feel that they are accepted and wanted, which they are.

As far as I am concerned, if Mopar Man wants to say hi to every last person that joins, that's up to him. What harm does it do, exactly? Maybe he just wants to make friends.

Quite why this annoys you is something of a mystery to me - as is why you felt you had to post about it.
  3. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,263   +41

I say hello to the newcomers that I see here. How would you like it if no one welcomed you from a "friendly" site. I was glad to be welcomed and is part of the reason I'm still here helping and finding help when needed.
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

I agree with Pantasm66. I can`t see what possible harm, someone welcoming new members is doing.

As for 80% of his(mopar man) posts being in the Introduce Yourself forum, you`re just plain wrong. He has posted approximately 30 times in that forum out of his current 163 posts.

I don`t know why you decided to post a thread about an indvidual, but as far as I`m concerned, it`s well out of order.

In future, if you have any concerns, you should pm a moderator, instead of publicly having a gripe about any individual member.

In fact, but for Phantasm66 having replied, I would have deleted this thread.

As it is, I`m closing it before the flame wars really start.

Regards Howard.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.