Ok, new problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I've tried to install one of my old-time favourites, Half-Life, the original. When I go to play it, it says that there's some compatibility issues with windows XP, and Sierra supply an update to make it work. So I decided to ignore the message, but found that when it repeatedly asked me to put the CD in, and then said it couldn't validate the game, I gave up and went searching on the Sierra website to find the update. Well, apparently Sierra no longer supply it, and Valve haven't taken on the task of supplying it either. Any ideas as to where I might get the update? It'd be great if I could. Thanks very much.

Actually, Gamma66, you have to download Steam. They converted it over to a steam game, so yeah... steampowered.com if you download it, it should fix up half life, but I am not sure.

Acclamator, just so you know, HL came out before Steam was thought of. The only reason I said this is because the way you said it was as if Half Life wasn't made as a standalone.

Damn, I remember the good old days when it didn't need anything, you just put the game in, installed it, then played it. Well, I guess those days are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back