Ok, Now I have a power problem, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman`

I originay posted a thread about my system powering up and not posting. Well, I'm ot going to let my box sit around and not do anything, I paid too much for it and it better work for what I paid for it. Now yesterday I took everything out of the case, inspected it, and reassembled it all perfectly. Now I power it on and it only stays on for about 6-7 seconds and it powers back off again all on its own. The timing is consistent, 6-7 seconds every time. I referenced the manual for my board and tried to call asus but they were both fax numbers, so no luck there. I was wondering if anyone with a A7N8X or has had a problem like this knows how to fix it, because I have no idea what caused it.

It actually sounds processor heat-related. Have you got a good themal paste on there with the proper heat sink-fan combination?

Processor heat is split-second. I know a guy here at work powered on a system with two 1.2 Athlon MP's on it without HSF. Was going to keep it on for a split just to see if it powered right. Took 'em both out.

He hasn't built a system in years and it showed.....though he's excellent on network and coding issues.

My point is....yeah, it can and will happen. Look into it.....it's a distinct possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back