Ok People Lets See Those Custom Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scootter

I want to see pic's of custom cases, paint, mods, hardware that kinda stuff. Be proud show it off! I'm fixin to start one and want some cool ideas.

My case is modded a fair bit, as soon as i have completed it i will try to borrow a camera and post up some pictures!!!!

In the mean time, if you need any advice and/or ideas just say so and i will do my best to help!!!!

Well ok, I have a emachine W2646 that crapped out on me, PS quit and I do beleive fried the MoBo as well, I bought a new system, and decided to have some fun with the old case. I already bought a PS, vid card and a 1g stik of RAM. I am going to get a new MoBo when i find a good one my 2.6g celoron will fit in. But I don't know about that case is it worth modding or should I get a new one?

Funny thing is, i have one of those cases!!!!

The pc is well and truly dead, psu put 18 volts on the 5 volt standby rail!!!!

Here's an idea for the emachine!! I could have the mobo powered up on my desk and use the southbridge as a cup warmer!!!!!:)

Accually, if I were to switch out the mobo, HD, vid card, sound card, Ram, and so on, it wouldn't be and emachine anymore. Except on the outside. Correct me if I'm wrong, a case is a case right. I've got all new stuff except a MoBo. But i hate to buy a new case if I can use this one.

It's an ok case, but it does lack provision for cooling so i wouldn't put something too powerful in it!!!!

I have just opened up the one i have, there is a place for 1 80mm fan on the back, but nothing on the front at all!!!!

As a test bed for modding it has a fair bit of potential, but if you intend to put a new mobo in it you must insure it has no more than 4 pci slots!!!!

Why not do some cutting and add some more cooling, Add one ai the front, one in the side through a window, and maybe one in the top forcing air to the PSU.

Well, i already have a better full aluminium case that i am in the process of modding at the moment!!!!

I only had a look at the emachine case in order to help you out!!!!

Yes I know Thanks, I was saying I could do that stuff, I like cuttin things up, or why couldn't a person do thoughs thing to make this case better. You know?

See thats the thing, I trying to figure out if this case is worth messing with? Kinda like a Yugo, a 5k paint job killer system and new wheels, it still ugly! you now? I don't know if thats a very good analogy.

I get what you mean, but its a reasonably good case that has a fair ammount of potential, if i didn't have my ally case i would be tempted to mod the emachine one up instead!!!!

Ether way I need a new Mobo, I've been look for one that my 2.6 Celoron will fit. And I am finding my options are limited.

Well I got a new MB, Biostar P4M80M4, It's not top of the line but I wanted to reuse my cpu.

Ejunk case--will mod a bit
Biostar P4M80M4
128mg Gforce4 vid card--- shoulda got the 256 I know
Soundblaster Audigy 6.1
1g ram
480watt PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back