Ok very weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigspud200

ok i have just spent alot of money on some new parts the thing is that when i turn my pc on my led fans and neons are bright as usual after about 10 seconds they all dimm and the fans slow down abit i have a 1000 watt psu a 3.2ghz quad core and 8 gig of ram plus 2 1024 sli ready graphics cards when i run some programs i get a error message saying cpu over heating or sometimes the blue screen of death desides to pop up i cant understand what is going on considering i know alot about pcs and operating systems so if anyone can help please

did u replace the heatsink on your cpu ? if you did, try re-seating it, and making sure you have a nice thin even layer of thermal paste on there, not too much, not too little.

did u try again? lol... not imply you are as silly as me... but i thought i reseated my heatsink... (twice lol) correctly, and it was still a little off, I had VERY high temps.

Can you get into your bios and monitor your @ idle temps?

It might be a power issue. Either the PSU doesn't have enough juice or it is failing. When lights dim and the fan slows down and the rest, that implies low power to me. Although 1000W is a lot, for 2 GTX 280 cards it might not be enough depending on the power supply. In looking at the recommended power supplies for 2 GTX 280s in SLI at the Nvidia website (click here), 1000W is the minimum. Ordinarily, it might be enough but the fact remains that you are having a problem.

well thanks for all your help but i have just found out that my cpu was trying to overclock itself : S scary or what i have anti spyware antivirus and 4 firewalls so it wasnt a virus or a hack or it could just be that i have crap thermal compound but everything seems to be running fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back