okayyyyyy hmmm kinda wierd

Status
Not open for further replies.

okay so i just installed everything on my new computer and for some reason my slave drive is a master and has windows installed on it...but my master which didnt is my slave....real confusing but im here typing....local c is my master though thats the thing that gets me...when i boot up it says master WD 80 gb...but local c is my Maxtor 20gb....

my question is how do i get usb drivers for my computer and how do i know which ones to get/???

Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939

0009 said:
okay so i just installed everything on my new computer and for some reason my slave drive is a master and has windows installed on it...but my master which didnt is my slave....real confusing but im here typing....local c is my master though thats the thing that gets me...when i boot up it says master WD 80 gb...but local c is my Maxtor 20gb....

my question is how do i get usb drivers for my computer and how do i know which ones to get/???

Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939

You`ve obviously set the jumpers/ide cable wrong on your hard drives.

Which ever drive you want to use for your OS, it should have it`s jumper set to master on the primary ide channel and connected to the end of the ide cable. The other hard drive should have it`s jumper set to slave and be connected to the same ide cable, on the connector that is part way down the cable.

As kirock has already said. The usb drivers should already have been installed by Windows.

P.s Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

Regards Howard :)

ya thats what i figured what i did...well that mess up my computer/?? and where do i download everest...the computer temperature monitor thingy.

No it won`t mess up your computer. However, it`d be better for you if your OS was on the smaller hard drive. That would leave the larger drive for storage.

You can get the free Everest programme from HERE.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back