OKI C5150 copier Belt Life Message and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandpaul

Hello,
I have been working on an OKI C5150 printer.
Last week, 3 printers (2 printers and 1 copier/printer/fax) all stopped working (no power or anything) on the same day! What a time I have had trying to get them working! One printer was not worth trying to figure out. It has been replaced. The copier/printer/fax I think I now have back up on the network and working. We'll see for how long!
The other printer, OKI C5150 is a different story.
Right before it quit, the Belt Life sign came on. I had an extra belt, so replaced it. Then it worked. Then, it stopped (had power but no printing).
Today, the Belt Life sign came on again. I checked online, and think this means that the belt will need to be replaced soon. A new belt was put on last week. Is this correct?
Also today, I was trying to get this printer back on the network. It was plugged into my Linksys router (like it was when it quit). My main computer had the printer software on it, but couldn't find the printer when trying to print. So, uninstalled the printer software. Then, reinstalled the printer software. Still wouldn't work. So, decided to try it on just the one individual computer instead of on the network. It worked! However, the printer driver that I had on the computer for C5150 was not the driver that worked. Instead the computer automatically loaded on the C5150n software. If trying to print with the C5150n software, it will print fine from the one computer.
So, thought I would try it on the network again. When I tried to make it work on the network, it kept asking for the IP address. I put in the IP address from System. And, it seemed to work. Except, it still couldn't find the printer when I tried to print.
Does anyone have any ideas of something to try?
Thank you for any help that you can give!
Maggie

Hi Maggie,
you haven't said what exactly caused all 3 printers to stop or shut down in the first place... Was it a power failure or power surge? As far as the last printer, it's logic board could be damaged. You could have had a power surge through the network that caused the shutdown of the printers and the coppier

I'm sorry. I forgot to say that they just all stopped working during the one day. Bad day! No power failure/surge. Just coincidence.

"No power failure/surge. Just coincidence"... 3 devices on the same day. Were they in the same room?

No, not even in same room or same circuit. Not all at the same time, either. Just happened to all go down during the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back